A Few Things to Know About COVID-19
According to the Center for Disease Control or CDC, the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (or COVID-19 for short) is spread primarily from “person-to-person” in close proximity (within 6 feet). They say that “This type of transmission occurs via respiratory droplets.” There have also been documented examples of people contracting the virus through fomites (fomites are objects or materials which are likely to carry infection, such as clothes, utensils, and furniture.) as well, but you are much more likely to get COVID-19 from respiratory droplets in the air. This is why it is so essential that if you are feeling unwell it is best to avoid contact with others and quarantine yourself.
Erbsville Dental is Cleaned and Disinfected Regularly
We are not minimizing the need to disinfect fomites, especially those in our clinic that are high traffic or regularly touched. The CDC suggests cleaning and disinfecting fomites is very important because COVID-19 and other viruses can “remain viable for hours to days on surfaces made from a variety of materials.” At Erbsville Dental Waterloo the clinic is regularly cleaned, and busy fomite areas (i.e. tables, hard-backed chairs, doorknobs, light switches, remotes, handles, desks, toilets, sinks) are disinfected. We care very much about your safety during these challenging times.
To do our part and stop the spread of germs including COVID-19 the CDC recommends the following:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Stay home when you are sick except to get medical care
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
Download the CDC Poster (Stop COVID-19)
Symptoms of COVID-19
* Patients with COVID-19 have experienced mild to severe
* Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure
Symptoms can include:
- Fever (above 38.0 degrees Celsius or above 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Shortness of breath
Download the CDC Poster (Symptoms of COVID-19)
Because COVID-19 did not originate in Waterloo, Canada, we ask that all our patients and patient families who have traveled outside of Canada reschedule your next appointment to at least two weeks after you return.
We appreciate your co-operation!