The secret to a healthier smile starts before your adult teeth come in.
You can get help with a healthier smile for your adult teeth from dentistry on Erb
- Start with your child before the baby teeth are replaced with adult teeth.
- Teach your child the importance of good oral health hygiene including the proper products.
- Speak to your child’s dentist about antibiotics that should not be used often.
- Take your child regularly to the waterloo dentist.
Helping your own smile
- Your oral hygiene is also important that includes brushing the tongue.
- Speak to your Waterloo dentist about the products you are using including toothbrushes, tooth paste, and rinses.
- Do not brush your teeth too hard.
- Avoid enamel damage.
- Have regular checkups.
Things that can damage your teeth
- There are many things we do without thinking that can damage our teeth.
- Our teeth were not meant to be used at bottle opens, pliers, bag holders, or ice crushers.
- If you are on medications, ask your dentist if they can hurt your teeth.
- Certain medications cause dry mouth this is not good for your teeth.
- Stay away from sugary drinks and foods.
- Do not smoke.
Steps to take
- Find out how healthy your teeth are first, then develop a strategy to keep them healthy.
- Speak to your dentist about fluoride treatments.
- Be sure to get your nutrients, diet matters.
- If you are not getting enough nutrients in your diet you should talk to your dentist and primary physician about supplements.
- The nutrients that are key are; calcium, vitamins A, B, C, and D, phosphorous, antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Flossing is important it helps keep your gums and teeth healthy.
- You are the secret to a healthier smile; your diet and your oral hygiene.