You drink something hot or cold and you are hit with a sharp almost stabbing pain in your teeth.
Why are your teeth so painful?
Gum disease treatment Waterloo can help with some sensitive teeth issues.
Causes of sensitive teeth
There are several causes of teeth sensitivity, your Waterloo dentist can help determine which one is causing your sensitive teeth.
- Loss of enamel
- Receding gums from gum disease that exposes the dentin
- Roots that are exposed
- Tooth wearing away caused by acidic foods and beverages.
- Tooth decay, worn leaky fillings, or broken teeth that expose the root or dentin of the tooth.
Treatment for sensitive teeth
Sometimes the sensitivity of teeth can lead patients to an emergency dentist Waterloo.
Some of the treatments for sensitive teeth are;
- Sometimes your dentist will recommend a toothpaste for sensitive teeth
- Fluoride gel applied by your dentist
- Fillings that cover exposed roots
- Sealants also applied by our dentist
- Desensitizing pastes
Prevention of sensitive teeth
Start now before you have sensitive teeth and take care of your enamel.
Speak to your dentist about ways to prevent enamel wear when brushing.
Cut down on acidic foods and drinks.
Faithfully follow your daily oral hygiene of brushing twice a day and flossing to keep plaque from building up on your teeth.
Eat a well-balanced diet and get exercise; yes, eating healthy and exercise does help your teeth.
If you clench your teeth see your dentist for a mouth guard.
Follow the advice of your dentist, if you have gingivitis then your periodontist if you wish to prevent sensitive teeth.
The key is to start prevention before your teeth become sensitive but if you find your teeth are showing symptoms of sensitivity, Erbsville dental can help you determine the reason and the best treatment solution for you.