Invisalign is a revolutionary orthodontic product that helps straighten your teeth. Your dentist gives you a set of aligners that look like a mouthguard based on a 3D model of your teeth.
You wear your Invisalign clear aligners for a period of 20-22 hours a day. Since they’re removable, it’s easier for you to do your regular routine of eating, brushing and flossing your teeth.
Patients who have malocclusion or misaligned teeth usually refrain from getting orthodontic treatment. They feel self-conscious because traditional braces are visible and attract a lot of attention. With these clear aligners, you can now have your teeth straightened without the eye-catching metal braces.
How do you get your Invisalign?
First, you need to visit your Waterloo dentist for a consultation. During this time, your dentist will determine how many aligners you will need. This depends on the state of the misalignment of your teeth. After this initial consultation, your dentist will produce a 3D image of your teeth. Based on this image, he will give you the first set of your Invisalign braces.
You need to visit your dentist every four to six weeks to have your aligners changed. The number of aligners given to you range from 18 to 36 to achieve the desired teeth alignment. These clear aligners apply a constant force on your teeth, gently pushing them to their correct position.
The Invisalign system uses an advanced technology that allows you to see how your teeth will look like after the treatment. It will also give you an idea of how long you will wear the aligners. The average time frame of the treatment will take about 9 to 18 months. What are the types of Invisalign?
The aligners vary based on the unique needs of the patient. There are many types of Invisalign clear aligners as explained below.
- “Invisalign Express” is a type of aligners that are designed if you need minor teeth adjustments. Examples of these are spacing concerns, and teeth overcrowding. Failure to wear the prescribed retainers after an orthodontic treatment can cause teeth misalignment. The aligners help fix this minor relapse.
They are also known as i7 because you would only need 7 aligners in total to complete the treatment.
- “Invisalign Lite” corrects your bite. The moulds aim to correct the overlap of your upper front teeth and lower front teeth when you bite.
- “Invisalign Full” is for most of the dental misalignment. It has the widest degree of flexibility in treating patients. It covers the majority of teeth alignment cases.
Advantages of Invisalign
Here are some of the perks of having these clear plastic aligners:
- The aligners are almost invisible to the naked eyes as compared to metal braces.
- You can remove the aligners for up to two hours a day, giving you time to eat, brush, and floss comfortably.
- It is very comfortable to wear that it does not affect your daily activities.
- This lessens irritation to your gums, teeth, and cheeks because it does not have wires like traditional braces.
Some patients have confidence issues due to the appearance of their teeth. This is why many are attracted to having Invisalign clear aligners. The plastic aligners correct their teeth alignment without attracting attention. This treatment is not only a confidence booster but also gives each patient a smile makeover.
These invisible aligners are a breakthrough in dental technology. Gone are the days where you depend only on traditional braces. Now, you can have your teeth aligned without the metal braces.
Have your orthodontic treatment today and start having a beautiful smile as you begin your 2019 journey.