What you eat and drink can help or damage your teeth.
Dental care Waterloo can help you have a brighter healthier smile.
Foods to choose
Choosing the best foods for your teeth will also help your whole body be healthier.
Choose from the following foods to help your teeth be bright and help your tooth enamel:
- Water – drink plenty of water
- Go sugar-free on gums and drinks
- Citrus fruits as it creates saliva which can wash out bacteria that causes decay
- Dairy such as cheeses and milk help strengthen enamel and bones
- Omega 3 fatty acids can help reduce gum disease
Eating a well-balanced diet will help keep your teeth and body healthy.
Foods to stay away from
Some foods should be avoided to help maintain healthy teeth including enamel.
- Sugar can lead to decay
- Foods that have high acidic levels can cause enamel to become thin and lead to decay
- Hard foods such as candy
Teeth with root canals or fillings can become weak and break when you bite down on hard items such as hard candies.
Other ways to brighten your teeth
Your regular checkups and cleanings when you see Dr. Stephen Mathews will help keep your teeth healthy and white.
Dr. Mathews can recommend products to help keep your smile white.
- Bleaching trays
- The correct toothbrush
- Mouth rinses designed to help reduce plaque and tartar
Remember brushing twice a day and flossing will help keep your teeth clean and white.
Combining proper oral hygiene and a good diet can help you keep your teeth healthy and bright.
Maintaining your enamel
It is important to maintain your enamel, do not scrub your teeth when brushing.
Do not over bleach and visit your dentist regularly.