Beyond your regular bi-annual checkups, here are 5 signs that you should see Waterloo family dental.
- Pain – this is signal that there could be cavities or jaw pain (TMJ)
- Trouble eating – again, cavities or roots exposed will cause pain when chewing, if your bit is not aligned or your teeth are tipping it will cause trouble chewing
- Broken or chipped tooth – normally considered an emergency
- Spots or sores in your mouth – these may be minor annoyances but it could also be something far more serious it is best to get it checked immediately.
- Constant bad breath – this can be caused by dry mouth, cavities, abscess, or other dental issues it is best to speak to your dentist openly if you feel you have bad breath more than occasionally.
Other reasons you should see your dentist
Beyond those 5 here are a couple more reasons you should visit your dentist
- Tooth sensitivity to hot and cold air, drinks, or food your Waterloo dentist may suggest a desensitizing toothpaste or it may need a root canal to repair an exposed root
- Gums that are red and swollen a sign of periodontal disease
- Stained teeth – having a regular cleaning can help remove some of the stains especially if you are a heavy coffee or red wine drinker or you may need to have the teeth bleached
- Dry mouth or bleeding gums – dry mouth which can be caused by some medications is bad for your teeth, also bleeding gums can be caused by gingivitis especially if it happens frequently when brushing or flossing
- Teeth grinding or clenching
- Erupting wisdom teeth that will not come fully through the gum since this can allow food below the gum line leading to infections