Are you having problems with your wisdom teeth? It may be a good idea to see a wisdom teeth Waterloo specialist.
They can determine if your wisdom teeth need to be taken out or not.
Not every person needs to have their wisdom teeth pulled out.
If your wisdom teeth have fully come through, are in the proper position and bite properly, are healthy, and can be cleaned well during your usual daily oral hygiene then you will not need to have them removed.
Reasons for wisdom teeth to be extracted
You will more than likely need to have your wisdom teeth extracted if any of the following is occurring;
- They will not completely come in, the gum swells and only partial tooth point is opening the gum, this can cause food to get caught in under the gum and lead to infections
- The wisdom teeth will not come through at all, this generally means they are impacted
- The nearby teeth are crowded and the wisdom teeth coming through could cause issues of shifting teeth.
- The wisdom teeth can also be in the wrong angle to come through, in fact, they could be pointing to the sides instead of down or up depending on lower or upper jaw that is trying to come through
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms with your wisdom teeth they may need to be taken out;
- Repeated infection of soft tissue behind the lower last tooth
- Fluid-filled sacs (cysts)
- Damage to nearby teeth
- Gum disease
- Extensive tooth decay
Some of the above could lead to a dental emergency Waterloo.
Most Waterloo dentist will want to do an x-ray on wisdom teeth to make sure of their positioning before they decide what you need to have done.
Erbsville Dental can help you with your wisdom teeth whether you are having issues or not.